The Eira Francis Davies Scholarship is a full tuition fee scholarship ordinarily awarded to one outstanding female student per academic year. The student must be a national of and resident in an eligible developing country, who pursues a programme within Swansea University’s Faculty of Health and Life Sciences.
Application Deadline: 11:59pm (BST) Sunday 28th May 2023
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Gambia, The Myanmar, Bangladesh, Guinea, Nepal, Benin, Guinea-Bissau, Niger, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Rwanda, Burundi, Kenya, Sierra Leone, Cambodia, Korea, Dem Rep., Somalia, Central African Republic, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Chad, Liberia, Tanzania, Comoros, Madagascar, Togo, Congo, Dem. Rep, Malawi, Uganda, Eritrea, Mali, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Angola, India, Sao Tome and Principe, Armenia, Iraq, Senegal, Belize, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bhutan, Kosovo, Sri Lanka, Bolivia, Lao PDR, Sudan, Cameroon, Lesotho, Swaziland, Cape Verde, Marshall Islands, Syrian Arab Republic, Congo, Rep., Mauritania, Timor-Leste, Ivory Coast, Micronesia, Fed. Sts. Tonga, Djibouti, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Egypt, Arab Rep., Mongolia, Tuvalu, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Fiji Nicaragua, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Vanuatu, Ghana, Pakistan, Vietnam, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, West Bank and Gaza, Guyana, Paraguay, Yemen, Rep., Honduras, Philippines, Zambia, Indonesia and Samoa
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Award: The Eira Francis Davies Scholarship is a full tuition fee scholarship.
Duration of Program: Duration of course or degree
Eligible Fields of Study:
- Biomedical Science (Clinical Biochemistry), MSc
- Biomedical Science (Clinical Microbiology), MSc
- Child Public Health, MSc
- Clinical Psychology and Mental Health, MSc
- Cognitive Neuroscience, MSc
- Genomic Medicine, MSc
- Healthcare Management, MSc
- Health Data Science, MSc
- Health Informatics, MSc
- Long Term and Chronic Conditions Management, MSc
- Medical Radiation Physics, MSc
- Nanomedicine, MSc
- Public Health and Health Promotion, MSc
- Research Methods in Psychology, MSc
Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants must;
- hold a minimum 2:1 Bachelors degree or equivalent qualification
- have an offer to study an eligible, full-time, postgraduate taught Masters program within the College of Human and Health Sciences at Swansea University.
- meet English language ability standards as stipulated within their condition of offer and UKVI requirements
- be female
- be a new student to Swansea University
- within their application, demonstrate strong academic ability and financial need
- be a national, and permanent resident of an EFD Eligible Countries as listed by the World Bank Country and Lending Groups classification as being ‘low income’ or ‘lower-middle income’ as of 1 July 2021.
How to Apply: Please download your application form here: Eira Francis Davies Scholarship Application Form
For any enquiries relating to the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship please email: EFDScholarship@swansea.ac.uk