Deadline: February 14, 2023
Each year, KAUS offers several scholarships to international students who wish to study for one of the programs offered at the university. Applicants who wish to receive a scholarship must indicate so in their application to KUAS. As a rule, scholarships are provided to students who perform exceptionally well in their academic field
Kyoto University of Advanced Science (KUAS) is located in Kyoto Japan. The university boosts a 50-year history as an accredited private educational institution in the academic heartland of Japan. Since its foundation, the university has always worked to offer its academic resources in the international arena thereby attracting a diverse community of ambitious students from all over the world.
As evidence of these efforts efforts Kyoto University of Advanced Science established an innovative English-taught engineering program and continues to strengthen its commitment to being at the apex of modern education.
KUAS is established on two campuses namely, Uzumasa near downtown Kyoto City, and one in Kameoka about 30 minutes away from Kyoto City proper. The university currently hosts up to 3,594 students in all the Faculties at KUAS with 29 students registered in its the Graduate Schools. The university also hosts almost 95 international students at KUAS and these include exchange, special students university admitted students.
Kyoto University of Advanced Science (KUAS) offers two entry scholarships
- Super KUAS-E Scholarship
- You will receive a Stipend worth 1,200,000 JPY per year to cover our personal expenses
- Selected applicants will be exempt from paying Tuition for the whole study period
- The admission fees will be exempt as well
- KUAS-E Scholarship
- The scholarship will offer selected applicants a Tuition reduction of 100% or 50%.
- You will also receive an Admission fee reduction of either 100% or 50%
You will have to qualify for admission if you wish to be considered for the scholarships. In order to apply for admission, you must fulfill the following application conditions
- Applicants must have completed a standard 12-year school education, or an education corresponding to a Japanese senior high school or the International Baccalaureate,
- You must have demonstrated an aptitude for math and physics at the high-school/upper secondary level, and must posses a comprehensive understanding Algebra, Geometry, Pre-calculus, Statistics (Mathematics)
- and Physics
- Master’s Program:
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree program or an equivalent of 16 years of education, including graduating from a university program.
- Doctoral Program
- Applicants must have graduated from both an undergraduate and graduate master’s degree program in the required fields
- You must meet the minimum score to ensure your level of English proficiency. To confirm which tests we accept and the applicable minimum scores,
- You can be exempt from having to show your English proficiency if you are from a native-English speaking country or have completed your official education in English for the most recent 6 years, as well to students who have completed the IB Diploma in English.
Please note that applicants who wish to to be considered for one of the Kyoto University of Advanced Science (KUAS) scholarships must indicate so in their application when applying for admission. Students who are awarded scholarships are expected to maintain an excellent academic performance while also acting as a model for other students. In order tp apply for admission, you must complete the online application and submit the following required documents
- A passport size Photograph
- Applicants will have to submit an application essay of up to 300－350 words explaining their reasons for applying to the selected program
- You must submit all official academic transcript(s) in English for the last two years or their certified translations in case they were not issued in English
- Diplomas ad Certificates of graduation in English or their certified translations
- Standardized English proficiency test results in English
- You must request two referees to write for you two Letters of Recommendation
- Your Copy of your Passport or ID as well as a residence card
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here