Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program is a four-month, full-time residential program based out of Yale’s International Leadership Center and housed within the Jackson School of Global Affairs. The Program runs annually from mid-August to mid-December.
We enable extraordinary individuals, from across the globe and from diverse disciplines, to increase their capacity to make the world a better place.
Each year, the Program selects a diverse cohort of World Fellows to spend four months together in residence at Yale University to grow intellectually, share knowledge, strengthen skills and expand networks.
Type: Fellowship, Training
Application Deadline: December 6, 2023
Key components of the Program are:
- Good Society. World Fellows present to each other their vision for making the world a better place, what they do professionally, and how they contribute to building the ‘good society.’
- Salon. World Fellows host distinguished guests for discussions on key topics, expanding their knowledge and challenging their views.
- World Fellows receive individual and group coaching and skills development training. World Fellows can audit many of the 2,000+ courses offered at Yale, work on individual or collaborative projects, and conduct independent research.
- World Fellows give talks and participate on panels across Yale, sharing their knowledge and expertise with students and faculty. Fellows are a resource to the University and are often in high demand on campus.
- World Fellows mentor Yale students who apply to be their liaisons. The student liaisons assist World Fellows in putting on events and ensure that they are fully immersed in life at Yale
- Fellows expand their global network by connecting with World Fellows in their cohort and with other Fellows spread throughout the world. Yale’s campus also provides countless opportunities to connect with faculty and students over shared professional and academic interests.
Eligible Countries: International Students
Eligibility: To be considered for the program, you must:
- The World Fellows Program does not require applicants to be a specific age. Please note, however, that the program is designed for aspiring leaders with a demonstrable track record of success.
- The youngest applicant ever accepted was 27 years old and the average age of a World Fellow is 39.
- The program does not require TOEFL or IELTS test scores as part of the application process. Should an applicant progress to the final stages of selection, his/her English fluency will be assessed during an interview.
How To Apply: Interested candidates should click on “Apply For This Scholarship” below