Western Sydney University Research Scholarships offer a number of financial opportunities to individuals for higher degree research. Scholarships for research are awarded on a regular basis, and each type of scholarship has its own set of application dates, eligibility requirements, and terms and conditions.
Because we handle all aspects of research candidacy, the Graduate Research School ensures that you have a smooth transition into and through your studies.
All postgraduate research candidates are provided with several possibilities to build superior skills and training through program work options, seminars, and workshops, ensuring that they are career-ready and highly competitive for global professions.
Type: Masters, PhD
Application Deadline: September 17, 2023.
Value & Duration of Award:
- Scholarships include a stipend of $31,500 (AUD) per annum for three (3) years.
- For domestic students, tuition fees are covered by the Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP).
- For international students, a tuition fee waiver will be awarded.
Eligible Countries: All Countries
Eligibility: To be eligible and commence your studies by the required date, you must:
- be onshore in Australia and hold a valid visa which allows you to study in Australia; or
- be onshore in Australia and be able to obtain a visa that allows you to remain in Australia to study.
How To Apply: You must apply for admission to a research degree program to be eligible for a scholarship. If you are determined to be eligible, you will be considered for a research scholarship in a competitive process. If you are already enrolled in a comparable research degree at Western Sydney University, you do not need to apply for admission. Interested candidates can click on “Apply For This Scholarship” below.
Required Documents: You are required to include the following documentation in your application:
- Certified copies of all tertiary graduation certificates and academic transcripts for degrees completed outside of Western Sydney University.
- Certified evidence of citizenship status (e.g. passport, birth certificate, citizenship papers, etc.) or certified evidence of residency status (for Australian permanent residents only).
- Evidence of English language proficiency for applicants who completed their previous qualifications outside of Australia.
- A letter of support from your proposed supervisor.
- A research proposal that clearly identifies your area of research interest and provides a project title and project description.
- Evidence of relevant employment or experience directly related to research training (if applicable).
All copies of official documents must be certified according to Western Sydney University requirements.