Studying in Slovenia is one of the most exciting possibilities available today. There are numerous reasons why students choose to study in Slovenia today. This page contains all information on studying in Slovenia, such as the admission procedure, living costs, universities, tuition fees, English-taught programs, and the online application process.
There are several reasons why you should consider studying abroad in Slovenia:
- High-Quality Education: Slovenia is known for its excellent higher education system. The country has several top-ranked universities, including the University of Ljubljana, which is ranked among the top 500 universities in the world.
- Affordable Tuition and Living Costs: Compared to other European countries, Slovenia has relatively low tuition fees and living costs. As an international student, you can expect to pay between 2,000 and 8,000 euros per year for tuition fees, depending on the program you choose. Additionally, the cost of living in Slovenia is relatively affordable, with accommodation, food, and transportation costs being reasonable.
- Safe and Welcoming Environment: Slovenia is considered one of the safest countries in Europe, with low crime rates and a welcoming culture. The country has a long history of welcoming international students and has a friendly and supportive community.
- Beautiful and Diverse Country: Slovenia is a beautiful country with diverse landscapes, including the Julian Alps, the Adriatic Sea, and the rolling hills of the countryside. Studying in Slovenia provides the opportunity to explore this beautiful country, learn about its culture, and experience its vibrant cities.
- Multicultural Experience: Slovenia is a multicultural country with a diverse population, including Slovenians, Italians, Croats, and Hungarians, among others. Studying in Slovenia provides an opportunity to learn about different cultures and interact with people from diverse backgrounds.
Overall, studying abroad in Slovenia offers a unique and enriching experience that combines high-quality education, affordability, safety, and a diverse and welcoming culture.
How to study in Slovenia
The process of studying in Slovenia is simple. You need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Explore the study options and choose the university as well as a course in Slovenia
- After finalising, check the eligibility criteria and documents requirements for the specific course
- As mentioned on the university page, collect all the paperwork required.
- Fill the application form correctly and submit it along with all other documents.
- University will check the application and if selected, it will issue an offer letter.
- Once you receive your offer letter, apply for the study visa.
- Get your visa and fly to Slovenia or attend your semesters.
Requirements to study Slovenia
To get admission to the University or college in Slovenia, you need to submit some of the important documents. These document requirements differ with the institution and course you choose. However, some of the common documents required for the admission purpose are:
- A filled-in application form.
- All the Educational certificates such as Secondary school leaving certificate, bachelor’s degree (for post-graduation studies), master’s degree (for Ph.D. studies), and copies of other certificates.
- A certificate presenting your language proficiency skills( Slovenian language and/or English language)
- An attested copy of your passport.
- Motivation letter(statement of purpose)
- Letter of Recommendation: At least 2 recommendation letters from your home educational institution or recent employer.
- Professional experience certificate, if any
- Research proposal synopsis: For doctoral studies
- Portfolio of work (for artistic studies)