Destination Australia funds eligible tertiary education providers to offer scholarships to domestic and international students to study and live in regional Australia.
The Destination Australia Program:
- Supports regional and remote Australian tertiary education providers by promoting activities that contribute to growth and sustainability
- Offers students from Australia and overseas the opportunity to undertake high quality education, training and research, and to experience life in regional and remote Australia
- Ensures regions share in the social, cultural and economic benefits that international students bring.
The Destination Australia Program is designed to encourage domestic and international students to study in regional Australia, to grow and develop regional Australian tertiary education providers and to offer students a high-quality learning experience.
Type: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
Number of Awards: 480
Application Deadline: Varies by Institutions
Value & Duration of Award: $15,000
Eligible Countries: International Students
Eligibility: To be considered for the Australian Government Destination Scholarships, you must:
- Be a domestic or an international student
- Have an unconditional offer to study in one of the participating universities in Australia
- Hold a student visa for the scholarship’s duration
- Meet the specific university and course requirements.
How To Apply: Interested and qualified students will be able to apply for the 2022 scholarship directly with participating universities.
To apply, candidates should visit the corresponding application websites of participating universities and begin the process.
Examples are provided below;