This scholarship program awards up to 24 full scholarships worth €30.000 per year, covering tuition price waivers and monthly stipends. The scholarships are intended for exceptionally talented and committed individuals who aspire to pursue a Master’s degree program at Maastricht University in the Netherlands.
Applicants for the Maastricht University (UM) NL High Potential Scholarship must be students from countries outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to one of UM’s participating Master’s programs. The scholarship program includes both the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund-funded High Potential Scholarship and the Holland Scholarship, which is sponsored by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science in collaboration with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences.
If you meet the application requirements and have applied for a Master’s degree program from one of the following faculties, you will be considered for the scholarship.
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASoS)
- The Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences (FHML)
- Faculty of Psychology and Neurosciences (FPN)
- The Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE)
- Faculty of Law (FL) Application form
- School of Business and Economics (SBE)
If selected for the scholarship, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- You will receive a stipend to cover your living expenses worth € 12,350 (12 months) or € 23,750 (24 months) to be paid to you by the UM International Services Desk.
- Recipients will receive Health & liability insurance coverage worth € 700 to cover their insurance.
- You will also receive coverage for Visa application costs worth € 210 , also paid by the UM International Services Desk.
- Scholarship recipients will receive coverage for Tuition fees worth € 13,800, € 15,500 or € 16,800 depending on the tuition of your study programme
- You must be a national of a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Surinam in order to apply
- Applicants must make sure that they meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands before they apply.
- Candidates must have completed a Bachelor’s degree and must have obtained excellent results during their prior education programmes, as demonstrated by their latest grade transcript
- You must not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country, otherwise you are not eligible
- Candidates must apply for admission to a full-time participating Master’s programme at Maastricht University if they are to be considered for the scholarship.
- You meet the set admission criteria of the UM Master’s programme you wish to apply to.
- Applicants must be 35 years of age or younger as of 1 September 2024 if they are to be considered.
- You must not have participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands.
Applicants must enroll in one of Maastricht University’s participating Master’s programs. Admission applications are submitted through the Dutch University application platform Studielink.
After registration, you will be assigned a Maastricht University student ID number, which you will use to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form. To submit your scholarship application, you must utilize the application form designated for your faculty.
You will be needed to upload the following documents to support your application during the application process.
- Applicants must submit an up-to-date Curriculum vitae containing relevant information about their academic background and work experiences .
- You must submit a Letter of motivation specifically written and addressed to this scholarship programme.
- Yu must submit proof of academic excellence in one of the following ways
- Proof may be a statement on your University transcript indicating your grade point average or class ranking for your entire study programme
- It may also be in form of a letter signed by your institution’s Head of Department or Registrar stating that you are one of the top 20 students in the graduating year of your study programme.
- You must also provide contact details of one referee that you wish to recommend you for this scholarship program
Deadline: February 1, 2024
To apply, Click here