Deadline: November 31, 2023
CERN stands for the European Organization for Nuclear Research, and its members are physicists and engineers. The Organization is seeking eligible candidates to apply for the Technical Studentship Program at their headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.The CERN Technical Studentship program lasts four to twelve months.
This program is designed specifically for students whose institution or institute needs or encourages them to gain job experience through internships. The program is open to both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree students who have completed a portion of their studies in fields such as information technology, mathematics, or robotics.
If chosen, you will get the opportunity to work at CERN, interacting directly with cutting-edge technology. Interns will also have the opportunity to contribute and enhance their skills in areas such as web applications, virtualized infrastructure development, distributed computing, databases, software development, and system administration, by employing the most commonly used programming and scripting languages.
Interns selected for the programme will enjoy the following benefits.
- Students will sign a contract of association ranging from 4 to 12 months.
- As an intern, you will receive a monthly allowance worth 3407 Swiss Francs for the entire duration of the internship
- CERN will also provide you with a travel allowance for your travels between your home country and Geneva.
- You may also receive a supplement if you are accompanied with your wife and/or children.
- CERN will also cover your insurance under the CERN’s comprehensive Health Insurance scheme
- Interns will be eligible for 2,5 days of paid leave per month.
In order to be considered for the Studentship programme, you must meet the following criteria
- Applicants must be nationals of a CERN Member or Associate Member State
- The programme in open to both Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree students in domains related to Information Technologies, Mathematics or Robotics.
- At the time of application, you must have completed at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies for Bachelor students
- You must be ready to stay in Geneva for a minimum of 4 months and a maximum of 12 months during the studentship
- Applicants must remain registered as a full-time student during the Internship.
- They advise you to opt for the longest period possible to make the most of it and increase your chances of being selected.
- You must demonstrate proficiency and knowledge of English OR French.
Applications are submitted online via the CERN Job recruitment platform. You must submit your application by the deadline of November 6, 2023. Your application must be submitted in English OR French and the required documents must be summited in PDF format with each document clearly labeled.
Here Below is a list of required documents
- A recent CV. (Recommended Europass CV format Here)
- You must submit a copy of your transcripts and most recent grade slips clearly showing overview of your marks
- Request a reference letter from your University Professor is mandatory. .
- If you have a letter of reference from a previous internship you may add this as a second reference
- Reference letters can be uploaded by yourself at the time of application, if you have them to hand. They may also be uploaded directly by the referees through the link that will be generated as soon as you have submitted your application.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here