For the course of the study program, the grant is awarded to outstanding non-EEA/non-EFTA students studying a Master’s degree program at Leiden University. We want our graduates to be academic professionals as well as engaged global citizens who contribute to the resolution of our society’s problems. This demands research-based education.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2024
Value & Duration of Award: €25,000
The LExS is awarded for the duration of the study programme. There are three available levels of awards:
- € 10,000 of the tuition fee
- € 15,000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
Eligible Countries: non-EEA/non-EFTA countries
Eligibility: To be considered for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarships, you must:
- Students must have achieved excellent academic results in their previous study programme(s), which must be relevant to the Master’s programme for which they are applying. As an indication, the student is amongst the top 10% of graduates in his/her previous study programme. Note that proof of ranking is not required – this information is purely to indicate the level of competitiveness.
- Applicants must have a non-EEA/non-EFTA* passport, and may not be eligible for student finance via the Dutch government (Studiefinanciering) – with the exceptions of students applying for the programmes listed below for which no nationality restrictions apply:
- All LLM Advanced Studies programmes
- MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy
How To Apply: Interested candidates should click on “Apply For This Scholarship” below