This scholarships will be awarded to the most promising future legal professionals
Value of Award: £2,000
Application Deadline: Scholarship applications for September 2023 courses will be assessed in two cycles with the following deadlines:
- 23:59 on 13 July 2023; and 23:59 on 11 August 2023
Eligibility: Applications must demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Strong academics
- Resilience – do you have a story to tell us about how you have overcome significant challenges? If so, we want to hear about it as the resilience you have shown to date will be a great asset to draw upon as a practising lawyer. We particularly welcome candidates from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in law, first generation students, and those who have experienced significant hardship.
- A solid volunteering and/or pro bono background – we really value students who help in their local communities and reach out to those who need help, whether it is in respect of legal advice or other the giving of other assistance.
- Dedication to progressing your career (e.g. extra-curricular activities, work experience both in the law and outside)
- Strong leadership, entrepreneurial, innovation or other transferable skills – this would apply to many of the career changers who study successfully at BPP
Application Criteria: To apply, you must meet ALL of the following minimum criteria:
- You must have submitted an application to study at BPP University;
- You must have applied for a scholarship by the relevant deadline stated below;
- To be considered for the Career Commitment Scholarship, the list price of the course you have applied for must be at least £9,500;
- You must have achieved a minimum of a 2:1 degree result or equivalent (or 2:2 with evidence of mitigating circumstances, reviewed on a case-by-case basis);
- You must not hold full fees sponsorship for the course from elsewhere (e.g. an employer or one of the Inns of Court); and
- You must not have already been awarded another BPP scholarship with a value of £2,000 or more.
In your application you will be asked to demonstrate evidence of your suitability while we assess your application against the relevant scholarship criteria.