Deadline: September 5, 2023
Applications for the Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) at the Erasmus University Rotterdam are now open for eligible applicants. The OKP is financed and funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign affairs and is dedicated to applicants from developing countries. The scholarship at the Erasmus University Rotterdam is particularly is dedicated to professionals working in the field of Urban development.
The main aim of the scholarship is to train and equip professionals with the skills and ability to help them contribute to building a sustainable society and inclusive development. The scholarship is offered to eligible applicants to undertake short courses of between 2 to 5 weeks at the Erasmus University Rotterdam.
Eligible applicants will have the opportunity tp choose form one of the 4 available courses at the Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Green Cities for Eco-Efficiency – 2 weeks
- Urban Management Tools for Climate change – 5 weeks
- Sustainable Economic Development – 3 Weeks
- Sustainable Urban Development – 5 weeks
The OKP offers funding to cater for your Transport from and back to your home country
- You will also financial support to help cover your daily expenses including feeding and accommodation for the whole duration of the course
To apply for the OKP, you must meet the following conditions
- Applicants must be citizens of the following countries: Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Colombia, Congo (DRC), Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Senegal, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Yemen
- To apply, you must be professional working in Urban Development in on of the above mentioned developing country
- Receive endorsement form your employer to attend the programme in form of an employer’s statement.
- Applicants must not be employed by multinational companies or organizations that have means of staff development
For the OKP, applicants will have to apply for their preferred course before applying for the scholarship. You are therefore advised to follow the following steps.
Check out the IHS academic courses that are eligible for the OKP programme
Select one of the eligible program from the list of courses. Apply for admission to the selected course. Admission procedure for each course is available on each course page. The deadline for application for admission is August 27, 2023.
Once admitted, you will will be invited to apply of the OKP. You must then submit your scholarship application by the deadline of September 5, 2023
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here