AfOx is now accepting applications for The AfOx Visiting Fellows Programme and the brand-new Senior AfOx Visiting Fellows Programme.
The AfOx Visiting Fellowship Programme is designed to allow exceptional African researchers to build international networks and focus on a project of their choice in collaboration with Oxford-based scholars. The Fellowship is open to researchers across all academic fields.
Fellows will be affiliated with the University of Oxford for 12 months, including ten months of virtual engagement and a two-month in-person visit to Oxford during Trinity Term. To apply for a fellowship, all applicants must have an Oxford-based researcher named as their collaborator on their application.
Application Deadline: 9th June 2023. (Midnight GMT)
Eligible Countries: African countries
Value of Award: The Fellows appointed will be provided with an en-suite, single occupancy study bedroom with all meals provided in the host College. A temporary University card for and temporary membership to the college Senior Common Room will be granted for the period of residency. The fellowship will also include airfare, a visa fee, and a maintenance allowance for incidental expenses.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Duration of Program: The fellowships will be undertaken for 8 weeks. Under exceptional circumstances, start dates outside this time period will be considered. Please be aware that applications will be reviewed, in part, on the basis of the work you intend to achieve in the timescale you set out.
– Applicants are expected to hold a Ph.D. or research equivalent.
– Legal resident of an African country holding an appointment in an African academic or research institution.
– With an existing collaboration with Oxford or in contact with a potential collaborator at Oxford.
How to Apply:
- AfOx fellowships are open to ALL disciplines across ALL the University departments. We encourage applications across the full range of academic disciplines and to work with any researcher based at the University of Oxford.
- All AfOx fellowship applications are made through the same process using the same application portal.
Visit the application portal to apply.