The candidate of the Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa Scholarship should be aware that this scholarship is the University’s investment in the sustained growth of an individual and the betterment of a community at large. The candidate should indicate how she will use the studying abroad experience and the postgraduate qualification to locally or globally promote holistic transformation, facilitate equal access to opportunities for all, and encourage a peaceful, reconciled and empowered population in her home country.
Application Deadline: 30th July 2023
Value of Award: up to a total of £30,000 for Tuition and living expenses
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year
Eligible Countries: African countries
Eligible Field of Study: Anatomy / Forensic Anthropology / Forensic and Medical Art, Architecture and Urban Planning, Biomedical Engineering, Business (Accountancy / Economics / Finance / International Business), Computing, Energy Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy, Geography / Environmental Science, Law, Mechanical Engineering, Nursing and Health Sciences, Politics and International Relations
Eligibility: Scholarships and Financial Aid are awarded based on academic performance (3.5 GPA or 85%) and eligibility. The Scholarship Committee will evaluate all applications and announce scholarship recipients on GPFA websites. However, female applicants are encouraged to apply for our scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
- Preference will be given to a candidate who has shown evidence of upholding the ethos of the Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa through sustained personal growth, involvement in community development, and a strong commitment to the advancement and education of women and youth in her home country.
- It is recommended that the candidate provide examples or a personal narrative that highlight leadership qualities, personal fortitude, and active participation in developing meaningful opportunities which lead to the social, educational, and/or spiritual advancement of the disadvantaged.
- The successful candidate should be prepared to use the scholarship not only as an educational experience but also as a chance to become immersed in another culture, while fostering understanding of her own country and culture amongst students and the local community of Dundee.
- The applying candidate of the Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa Scholarship should address how she hopes to become involved in University or local societies, activities, and/or organisations, and how she will support discourse about issues women face globally.
How to Apply: Fill the Gbowee Peace Scholarship Application Form
- Complete the application form above
- Please ensure you attach all required documents for this scholarship.
- A reminder that the closing date for all applications is 30th July 2023, applications after this date cannot be considered or amended