Deadline: December 1, 2023
Apply for the Horowitz Foundation for Social Policy Grant Program for Emerging Scholars. The Horowitz Foundation for Social Policy was established in 1997 by Irving Louis Horowitz and Mary E. Curtis as a non-profit organization. Its general purpose is to support the advancement of research and understanding in the major fields of the social sciences. Its specific purpose is to provide small grants to aspiring PhD students at the dissertation level to support the research they are undertaking for their project.
The Foundation aims to accomplish the following goals
- It aims to support emerging scholars through small grants.
- Horowitz Foundation also aims to promote scholarship with a social policy application.
- It also works to encourage projects that address contemporary issues in the social sciences.
The Horowitz Foundation for Social Policy Grant Program for Emerging Scholars is open to current PhD scholars who are working on their dissertation, from any country around the world. Applicants must preferably working on a project with a social policy application on either a global or local level.
The grants programme offers the following benefits
- Selected applicants will be offered grants selected solely on merit.
- The programme will offer you a monetary grant worth is worth a total of $7,500.
- You will receive the first grant installment worth $5,000 and the final installment worth $2,500 will be paid upon completion of your project.
- You must complete your project in a period of five years from announcement of the award in order to claim your final payment.
To apply, applicants must fulfill the following requirements
- These grants are open to candidates from any country and any university from all over the world.
- To apply, you must be a current PhD scholar and are currently working on your dissertation
- Eligible applicants must not have finished their PhD at the time of application
- You must have defended your dissertation proposal or had your topic approved by their department.
Applications for the grants must be submitted through the application portal. Please note that the application form and required documents must be completed and summited in English.
- To apply, Click the Application Portal button and create an account
- You must then Complete the two-question Eligibility Form
- To complete the application, you must fill in and submit the following information
- Your Personal Details
- A brief description of your Project Overview
- Your detailed Project description – 750 word description
- Submit your most recent CV
- Request and submit contacts of 2 people who will submit Letters of Recommendation on your behalf.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here