The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) offer a unique opportunity to study a two-year Master’s degree in a low or middle income Commonwealth country.
Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, to broaden horizons, and to build a global network that will last a lifetime.
- Host: The Association of Commonwealth Universities
- Study Abroad: Study in Asia | Study in Africa
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: Commonwealth Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Stipend | Return Flight Ticket
- Deadline: May 24, 2023
Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face – both in their home countries and those that host them. As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
Before submitting an application please review the available courses, host institutions and entry requirements below. We strongly advise applicants to read all of the application guidance and FAQs carefully before starting an application.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- To apply for the QECS Scholarships. The candidate must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country
- You Must Hold an undergraduate degree at the time of admission.
- There is No age Limit or Restriction.
- Each University may have specific eligibility requirements for admissions.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
What does the scholarship cover?
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living allowance (stipend) for duration of award
- Return economy flights to host country
- One-off arrival allowance
- Research Support Grant (on request only; subject to approval)
The application form consists of the following sections:
- Personal Details
- Academic & Employment Record
- Course at host university details
- Upload supporting documents (including references)
The statement section is formed of three main statements which applicants need to provide. Guidance for what is required for each statement is shown below as well as on the application form itself.
Plagiarism is not allowed. Applications shown to be plagiarised will not be considered.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should check for their desired course and thereafter apply
- The applicant can apply only to the universities listed on the official website.
- Each year, there are two cycles for applying, so a candidate must check the country/university to see which cycle would be appropriate.
- Candidates may apply to more than one university or country each year.
- Candidates can apply via the official website after acknowledging the above information and including the correct information and documents.