The Glendon Scholarship at York University will be given to overseas students who are admitted to Glendon with outstanding academic standing (80% or higher or equivalent) and who display leadership through community service or distinction in sports or the arts.
A letter of recommendation from a high school teacher or school counselor, as well as a complete application that includes a 300-word statement showcasing the applicant’s leadership characteristics and commitment to Glendon, will be used to assess eligibility.
This award gives 10 recipients $10,000 toward their first year in a Glendon program, renewable for the same amount each year of full-time studies up to a maximum of 4 years. To renew this award recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 8.0 over a minimum of 24 credits taken during a school year (including the preceding summer semester, fall and winter semesters).
Application Deadline: Not Specified
Number of Awards: 10
Value & Duration of Award: $10,000
This award gives 10 recipients $10,000 toward their first year in a Glendon program, renewable for the same amount each year of full-time studies up to a maximum of 4 years.
Eligible Countries: All Countries
Eligibility: To be considered for the York University Glendon Scholarship:
- Must be an international student who requires a permit to study in Canada.
- High school applicants only. No previous college or university experience allowed.
- You must first apply to study for an undergraduate Glendon program starting Fall 2022
- Minimum academic standing of “A” (or equivalent) average grade required.
- Community service, art or sport achievement or other individual achievement required.
- One letter of recommendation from your high school teacher or school counsellor required.
How To Apply: Interested candidates should click on “Apply For This Scholarship” below
Required Documents: To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Applicants must submit a letter of recommendation from a high school teacher or school counsellor and a complete application form.
- a complete application including a 300-word statement demonstrating the applicants leadership attributes and the contribution they will make to Glendon.