Deadline: June 30, 2023
Apply for the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) PhD Scholarships in Metabolic Engineering. Positions are open to qualified students who have completed a two-year master’s degree in engineering/biology/biotechnology or a related field or a related degree equivalent to a 2 year Master’s degree. Applicants must also be posses hands-on experience with molecular biology techniques, biochemistry, bioinformatics, and fermentation
This is a 3-Year PhD Programme in which selected students will learn among other things, advanced genome editing, metabolic modeling and data analysis. All this, in an aim to create novel cell factories to support sustainable chemical production. Daily activities include lab experiments, courses and research visits and stay within Denmark and abroad, as well as publishing papers in peer-review journals. You will also be attending and presenting research results at international conferences.
Your main task as a PhD researcher is to develop novel biotechnological methods for bio-based chemical production. You will also attend courses and accumulate 30 ECTS credits. There is also a 3 to 6 months international secondment.
Selected candidates will receive the following benefits
- PhD Scholars will work on an employment contract described under this category
- You will sign an employment lasting a duration of 3 years
- Appointments will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
- The pay salary rates for PhD scholars ate DTU is usually as described below (Without pension)
- Pay grade 4 (0 year seniority): DKK 27,568
- A Pay grade 4 (1 year seniority): DKK 27,568
- Pay grade 5 (2 years seniority): DKK 29,605
- Pay grade 6 (3 years seniority): DKK 31,462
- You will also be eligible for holiday with pay according to the Holiday Act
If you wish to apply for one of the open positions, you must meet the following application conditions
- Applications are open to students of any nationality from any country.
- Candidates must have completed a two-year master’s degree worth 120 ECTS points or its equivalent in engineering/biology/biotechnology.
- You must also posses hands-on experience with molecular biology techniques, biochemistry, bioinformatics, and fermentation.
- Your degree and skills must be related and relevant to the PhD project for you are applying for.
- The programme working language is English, therefore you must have sufficient English language Proficiency.
- Candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are welcome to apply
Applications must be completed and submitted online using the online application portal provided. The deadline of application is June 30, 2023. To apply, you must compete the online application and submit the required attachments as one PDF file
Students who have not yet completed their Master’s degree programme are also welcome to apply but cannot begin before having received it. The application must be competed in English. Here below is a list of the required documents.
- Submit a letter motivating the application explaining your reason for applying and stating clearly the areas of interests.
- A most recent Curriculum vitae
- Submit your Degree Certificates and Transcripts
- Translations of Degree Certificates and Transcripts in case there were not issued in English
- Include an Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here