Deadline: August 25, 2023
Applications for the World Bank Group (WBG) Africa Fellowship Program are now open. The prestigious Fellowship Program is intended for young, talented African nationals who posses a PhD qualification or those who are about to complete a PhD in any filed relevant to the World Bank’s work. This is an exception program and aims to build a strong pipeline of young African talent interested in a career in development, international institutions, African governments, think tanks, and academia and many other areas of interest vital to the development of the world as a whole.
For this program, selected fellows will undertake a six-month assignment at World Bank Group (WBG) offices in Washington D.C. or in country offices thereby gaining experience in the operations of the World Bank Group. This includes knowledge generation and dissemination, design of global and country policies, and the building of institutions to achieve inclusive growth in developing countries.
Applications are invited from Sub-Saharan Afrin Nationals. With 189 member countries, staff from more than 170 countries, and offices in over 130 locations, the World Bank Group is a unique global partnership: five institutions working for sustainable solutions that reduce poverty and build shared prosperity in developing countries.
Program fellows will work on research, economic policy, technical assistance, and lending operations that contribute to the World Bank’s goal of eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity.
Fellows will, during the the internship program, will experience first hand the general workings of the organization. Applicants will:
- Gain a better understanding of the World Bank Group’s mission and operations
- Access quality data for their research work
- Interact with seasoned experts in the field of development
- Contribute to the World Bank Group’s mission
Selected Fellows will receive consultant fees as part of the program benefits
You will also receive a round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C. or a WBG country office you will be allocated to.
To be eligible for the fellows program, you must fulfill the following criteria
- This fellows program is open to applicants from Sub-Saharan Africa
- You must be a recent Ph.D. graduate (within three years of completion) or be enrolled in the last year of the Ph.D. program.
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- you should hold strong quantitative and analytical skills
- All applicants must be aged 32 years and below by the closing of the application period
Applications for the programme are submitted online using the online application portal at the programme website. Along side the application, you will have to also submit the following required documents
- Recommendation letters from the candidate’s Referees
- Your Academic documents
- The candidate’s copy of passport or identity card
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here