Studying in Italy is a wonderful choice for individuals who do not have a lot of money and are always looking for low-cost study opportunities throughout the world.
All possible documents are required to apply for a student visa. Nonetheless, the Embassy may request more papers if necessary. Italy has varied visa application criteria for different nations. Check with your local Italian embassy for a complete list of documentation.
Below are the documents that you need in order to apply for Italy student visa:
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Duly filled visa application form for D category
- Some students may require DOV
- Passport or travel document valid at least three months after visa expiry
- Admission/acceptance letter of the concerned Italian University/Institute
- Educational documents attested by relevant educational boards and ministry of foreign affairs (please check out from a university that which documents are required to submit in embassy)
- Language proficiency documents; for English taught programs, 6.0 and 6.5 respectively for bachelor and master degrees. For Italian taught programs, one must consult from the university which minimum level is required.
- Financial proofs. This may be different for all different nationality holders. There are many ways you can choose to show this proof. For example proof of holding a study grant by the Italian Government, recognized foundations or cultural institutes, international organizations, foreign governments or universities. Additionally, you may also show that you have money in your personal bank account or a loan grant from the bank.
- Air ticket booking
- Accommodation proof in Italy by showing that you have arranged private accommodation or through student residence halls.
- You will also have to pay visa application fees 50 Euros and also the visa application handling fees 30 Euros for VFS Global (for Pakistani and Indian students)
- Proof of confirmed appointment
- Travel Insurance Policy, valid for all countries in the Schengen States, for the whole of stay with a minimum liability of 30,000 Euro
If you are from Pakistan, the following is the list of approved insurance companies for Schengen Visa and Student Visa:
- Adamjee Insurance Company Ltd
- AIG (New Hampshire Insurance Company)
- Asia Insurance Co Ltd
- Askari General Insurance Company Ltd
- Atlas Insurance Ltd
- CICL (Century Insurance Company Ltd)
- Crescent Star Insurance Limited
- East-West Insurance Company Ltd
- EFU General
- Jubilee General Insurance Co. Ltd
- PICIC (Pakistan Industrial Credit Investment Corporation)
- Premier Insurance Limited
- Shaheen Insurance
- SPI Insurance Company Ltd (formerly Saudi Pak)
- TPL Direct Insurance Ltd
- UBL Insurers Ltd
- UIC (United Insurance Company)
- Universal Insurance Co. Ltd
Note: You are required to contract full Schengen travel insurance, covering – for a minimum amount of 30 000 euros – any medical,
hospitalization and repatriation costs, as well as associated care expenses which might occur during any single trip into the Schengen states